Monday, August 4, 2008

"The Day is Finally Here!"

I arrived in Phoenix, AZ yesterday evening. I was met at the airport by Masud (recipient), Sharmin (wife & mother), and their two boys, Farib and Maheeb. This time, I wasn't alone. My aunt, Carolyn Drake (aka LaLa) came to be with me for the surgery. So, she got to meet Masud and his family at the airport. Everyone instantly clicked. Lala fell in love with all of them immediately! Now she feels like she's here for not only me, but also for Masud and Sharmin.

For those of you that didn't get to see the KTBS news feature about this, click on this link:
http://www.ktbs.com/player/player.cfm?video_id=10922&current_zone=3&video_zone=3

I tried to explain to everyone how wonderful this family was. If you met them, you would immediately understand why I want to help them. They are just a precious family; very humble.
They have gone out of their way to make sure that LaLa and I are comfortable during our stay here. We have the best hotel room. It's the Hampton Inn & Suites in Scottsdale, AZ. We're staying in a suite. We just happen to get the biggest one in the hotel. The front desk guy said that he was going to take good care of me and "hook me up"! He did. It's like an apartment. There is a full kitchen, a separate living room and a separate bedroom. There are also flat screen tv's. I wish I could fit one of them in my suitcase, LOL.

Well, this is my last post before I have the surgery. I will try to get news to everyone as soon as possible as to how the surgery went. Please say a prayer for Masud and I.

Click HERE to leave a comment.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an angel Melissa. All my prayers are with you and for your recipient.

August 5, 2008 at 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home