Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Look, I'm A Cowboy"

That last story got me thinking about what other horribly embarrassing things that my children have done to me. There was one more that I felt I had to share.

One day, my 7 year old (then 2) and I were walking through the aisles of Wal-Mart. This day, I had decided to let him sit in the main part of the buggy. He sat on his blanket and played with some of the toys we had brought from home.

I thought, “I’m such a smart mom to have thought to bring all of this stuff ahead of time”. I just knew that this trip to Wal-Mart would be so much better than the fiasco’s we had had in the past.

Do you think I was wrong?

I was strolling down the home improvements aisle, looking at water faucets and things like that. I was so focused on what I was looking at, that I forgot that my child was sitting in the buggy, near my purse. You can only imagine the treasures that he would find in there!

I heard him rattling around, but never really looked to see what he was doing. I assumed it was his toys or maybe some paper from my purse. My purse was always filled with paper.

Right about the time I had found the faucet fixture that I liked, an older man approached me, hysterical with laughter. He said, “Ma’am, you may want to take a look at your son.” Just then, I looked down, and saw the most embarrassing thing I had ever seen in my life. My sweet, innocent little 2 year old had taken about 5 maxi pads out of my purse, opened them, peeled the sticky tab off of them, and stuck them all over his head and body.

To top it off, he had also found a tampon. He had taken the plastic cover off of it and was holding it by the string and swirling it around in the air, as if he was in a rodeo.

As I looked as his sweet little face, he said, “Mommy, look, I’m a cowboy!” Now that’s what you call embarrassing!

All in all, it was actually a pretty good trip! My son discovered what he wanted to be when he grew up; a cowboy!

Check out the comments and share yours by clicking HERE.

2 Comments:

Blogger mimi said...

All of our children do things that
embarass us at times. We just need
to keep a watch on them to make
sure that they don't get hurt.
Although your story is pretty funny!

July 13, 2007 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

It seems that my youngest son makes it his mission to embarrass me. Watch for more stories about him. We took him to the movies last night, and it was horrible! I'm glad you enjoyed the story!

July 14, 2007 at 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home