Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Name That Smell"

What a crazy weekend!

This weekend I picked up my two sons from their father (he’s keeping them this summer). We also had our two older boys (my step-sons) at our house. So there we were, all 6 of us, crammed into this tiny little house. We just had to get out!

My husband decided that he wanted to take them swimming on base. So, while I took my 4 year old to the doctor, for the same ear infection he’s had for 3 years, he took the other three boys to the pool. We met them there later.

We stayed out in the HOT sun for about 4 hours. To me, suffering in the sun (I wasn’t swimming) is a lot less painful than being cooped up in a house with 4 boys and a husband! It’s not even close to the same thing.

After that, we met some of my family at Outback Steakhouse for my husband’s belated birthday party. I LOVE Outback! The only reason I go there is for the cheese fries. Forget that it was my husband’s birthday. I just wanted the cheese fries.

If some of you moms out there haven’t tried this, do! When it was time to be seated, I stayed to the back of the line. I very strategically placed the kids next to my husband. Then, I sat in the only spot that was left, at the far opposite end of the table. Sneaky, huh? But, I digress.

Afterwards, we went somewhere to have ice cream, with all the kids. All in all, it was an uneventful evening.

The next morning, I took my two youngest boys to their cousin’s birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. I stayed there WAY too long! I used to work there when I was a teenager. I started having flashbacks to the days when I was forced to dance against my will.

Later that day, I took the boys back to their father.

But, something went wrong that weekend. We still haven’t quite figured out what it was.

This morning, we woke up to an absolutely horrible smell coming from the boy’s bedroom. This is actually a quiet common occurrence considering we have 5 males living in our house. Needless to say, I spent this morning playing “Name that smell”. This is not a fun game, I can assure you.

When I left for work today, we still hadn’t found the culprit. My guess is that over the course of the weekend, my 4 year old snuck some food into the room and hid it. Although, and I’ve got this down to a science, it takes a couple of weeks for food to smell like that! My husband is convinced that the 4 year old went #2 in there. It smells that bad! I just don’t think he would do that, but I have to consider the possibility.

To make an already long story short, I plan on working until my husband calls me and says, “We found the smell and took care of it”! Until then, I’ll be hanging out at my desk.

Share your comments with me by clicking HERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home