Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Mommy In Motion"

This spring was so much fun! I had the time of my life. Let me tell you about it.

My 7 year old started taking karate when he had just turned 6. So, we have been taking classes two nights a week for over a year. We usually went on Mondays and Wednesdays.

This spring, we decided to sign him up for Dixie League machine-pitch baseball. It would be his first year to play baseball. He had played t-ball when he was 4. At first, before the baseball season began, we were practicing on Mondays, Fridays, and Sundays. So, we switched karate to Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The only free day we had was Thursday and of course, Saturday. It was pretty crazy! But, it got worse.

Once the season started, we had games every Tuesday and Saturday. Practice got changed to Friday and Sunday. So, here’s what our schedule looked like:

Sunday…..practice
Monday….karate
Tuesday….game
Wednesday…karate
Thursday…batting practice and make-up games
Friday…sometimes make-up games
Saturday…game

This was all for one child! I can’t imagine what it will be like when my 4 year old starts playing t-ball next year. Something’s going to have to give.

I’m also going to be taking night classes on Monday and Tuesday in the fall semester at a local community college. That rules out two nights a week. The next semester, it will be worse because I’m nearing graduation. If it sounds like I’m complaining, I’m not. I actually miss it!

I honestly don’t think that, if my step-sons lived with us, that I would be able to do any of this though. To begin with, the cost would be outrageous!

To summarize the story, the saga continues. I will always be a baseball mom, a karate mom, and possibly a soccer and football mom. Is that so bad?

Check out the comments and share yours by clicking HERE.

2 Comments:

Blogger mimi said...

Enjoy these days with your boys
because there will come a day when
they will move out and you will miss all of these activities. I
know because I had two boys and two girls. When they all moved out
I had the empty nest syndrome. I
had to regroup and find other
things to do. My life was built
around our children. We do what we
have to do but the best thing you
can do is enjoy the time you have
with them.

July 12, 2007 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

I know I will be just like you when they're gone. Everything I do pretty much revolves around the kids. I can't imagine them being gone. Thank you for your insight.

July 13, 2007 at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home