Sunday, January 13, 2008

"A Little Shocked"

I have a lot of explaining to do to my parents, I think.

Yesterday we were riding home from Longview, TX and my son wanted to call his "Mimi". He wanted to tell her that he had gotten his report card and that he had made straight A's, 4 O's, and 1 S.

We were so proud of him!

Well, after he finished talking to Mimi, my 4 year old son wanted to talk to her.

I'm not sure what possessed him to do this, but he began singing a song, and here's how it goes:

"Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me? Don't you wish your girlfriend was a freak like me? Don't you?" Then he said something about waiting for the rinse cycle.

I was thinking, where in the world did he hear this. I was informed by my mother that it was on the Alvin & the Chimpmunks movie. I can't remember what else was in that movie, but it seems that there were a lot of inappropriate things like that said for a kid's movie.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those mothers that won't let her children listen to anything that's cool or watch cool movies, like Transformers.

It just really shocked me that they would put that in Alvin & the Chipmunks.

Did that bother anyone else?

Oh, and GO LSU-Congratulations Guys!
Share your comments and read others by clicking HERE.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mimi Rankin Webb said...

took the kids to see it on friday, actually-
didnt find anything out of the ordinary for today's society in it content-wise
nothing any worse than your average bugs bunny cartoon!
that song is basically part of today's pop culture-it can be heard everywhere from the american idol audition tapes, radio, & commercials-
at least he didnt pick up the "yippee ki yay, mamacita" line!!! now that is something that, when heard, would likely get overlooked as being g-rated & end up being heard with the original ending inserted by the listener regardless!!!!!

January 14, 2008 at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home