Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"Tears of a Mother"

Ok, what's wrong with me?

I've been crying constantly the last few months. These days it doesn't take much to make me cry.

I cried today during an Allstate Insurance commercial. It wasn't even sad. Do you remember that commercial from years ago that showed the mother and daughter walking along the beach talking about douche? I used to cry at that also.

I'm watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition right now. It just came on. You know the part where Ty stands outside the families house and says, "Good Morning, "......." family!"? That made me cry.

What in the world is wrong with me? Is this just part of being the mother of 4 boys? Is this just part of being a woman that's getting older (I'm 31)? Is it hormones?

Whatever it is, it's driving my poor husband crazy.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have times like this too. Especially if I've been feeling overwhelmed and underappreciated. I cry everytime I watch Extreme Home makeover too. Sometimes I need a good cry to get it out of my system. Hope your surgery goes well and your recovery is a quick one.

January 23, 2008 at 8:32 AM  
Blogger Mimi Rankin Webb said...

my mum & i used to jokingly call these prozac moments (cause her meds would make her either laugh hysterically at innapropriate things or cry- no in between) it got to be quite a joke cause i started having them too!!!!

hope you feel better soon!!!!(didnt you have surgery today??)

January 23, 2008 at 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you have surgery today,but you were able to post? Sounds kinda fishy !!!

January 23, 2008 at 10:13 PM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

LOL, I had someone else post my prewritten stories for me.
The surgery went well and I just got home a few minutes ago. The recovery is going to be tough and painful, but I'm tough.
I'll really be crying a lot now.

January 25, 2008 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger Mimi Rankin Webb said...

glad it went well...

hope they gave you pain meds...even if it will make you cry...maybe you can laugh & cry at the same time!!!!at least that way you can sorta be happy about it!!!

~mimi

January 26, 2008 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

Yes, they gave me pain meds. I would have never left the hospital without them. This is way too painful.

January 26, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home