Friday, January 25, 2008

"Feeding the Neighborhood"

What is it about kids that they can't understand that we can't feed the entire neighborhood?

Every time my son's friends come over, he invited them in for drinks and snacks.

I then have to tell them that we can't afford to feed them all the time.

I've told my son over and over not to do this. He just doesn't get it.

Maybe it's because sometimes I cave in and actually let them have something.

In the last neighborhood we lived in, all the little kids loved to hang out at my house. I was the cool mom in the neighborhood. I gave them popsicles, let them have drinks (usually just water) and let them jump on our trampoline.

That was until they started taking advantage of me. It became a real problem. It was one of the big reasons why we moved.

We now live in a nice neighborhood where we really don't have to worry about other parents not watching their children and sending them to my house. It's wonderful!

Now I just have to worry about my own child telling them that they can have free reign of our kitchen.

I guess I'm paying for the past.

If this is the worst problem I have, I'm doing well, right?

To leave comments and read others, click on the comment link below.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home