Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Mimi's Not Old"

My mother is the proud grandmother, also known as “Mimi”, of 5 grandchildren and 2 step-grandchildren. So, she always has a story to tell. Here’s one that she is especially proud of…..

The other day my brother-in-law asked my sister (Mimi’s daughter) what time she was leaving to go shopping with the Old Lady. You see, my sister and my mother go shopping pretty much every weekend. This is something that they’ve always done. Me, I’m not up to it.

My sister’s little 4 year old girl, we’ll call her Abby, overheard her daddy ask her mommy when she was leaving to go shopping with “The Old Lady” (he was talking about my mom). Abby immediately put her hands on her hips and said, “My Mimi loves me and she is NOT old!”

I think my mom will talk about this ‘til the day she dies. After all, she still tells everyone she’s 40. Love U mom!

Check out the comments and share yours by clicking HERE.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that is so cute of her
Granddaughter to take up for her!
All of us girls like to think of
ourselves as younger, don't we.
Tell your Mother to be proud of
this because Abby, as you called
her, seems to love her MiMi.

July 20, 2007 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

Oh yes, she does love her Mimi! And yes, I still think of myself as a teenager. I guess I'm in extreme denial, LOL!

July 20, 2007 at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home