Friday, July 27, 2007

"Flashback To The 80's"

Last night, I attended an 80’s flashback party. Everyone dressed up like they were living in the 80’s again.

You have no idea how much fun that was to me!

I LOVED the 80’s. I loved the big hair, the bangled bracelets, and the bright makeup.

I’m sure my parents wouldn’t agree. I was outrageous in the 80’s. I would wear a ball cap, flip the brim up, and spike my bangs over the top of it. Then, I would get mad when they wouldn’t let me go to church like that.

My poor parents!

So, last night I wore some black stretch pants and a pink tank-top with a black mesh top over it. I tied the black mesh top in a knot on the side. I remember this to be the “in thing”.

Over my black stretch pants, I wore some pink leg warmers. Then, to make it worse, I wore two pair of socks; one pink and one white. Do you remember stacking the different colored socks?

I found some horribly gaudy hot pink earrings at Wal-Mart. I also found some glittery jelly bracelets.

I was just missing one thing; the perfect shoes. I searched high and low for some jelly shoes. Remember those? I just remember how much they hurt my feet. One of my toes would always be sticking out of one of the holes.

Oh, I forgot to mention; to top it all off, I wore bright blue eye shadow, hot pink lipstick, and WAY too much blush!

All in all, it was a great night! I can’t wait for the next one!

I’m telling everyone now, save your clothes and put them in a time capsule of some sort. They WILL come back in style. Everything from the 80’s is on it’s way back! Yikes!

Has anyone else had a favorite decade that they’d like to relive?

Check out the comments and share yours by clicking HERE.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that it's funny how the clothes we wore are coming back in style. I can relate with my teenagers dressing like rock stars I think they look wild but their friends look worst. My mother would die if she saw the way my kids dress.

August 6, 2007 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

LOL! I looked like a crazy person when I was a teenager.
Your mom would probably die b/c she would have flashbacks! I think my mom would also. I have just noticed that the 80s clothes are coming back in style. I like some of them, but it seems like yesterday that I was picking at other people that were "stuck in the 80s".

August 6, 2007 at 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home