Monday, July 23, 2007

“What’s Your Teen Wearing? ”

I was wondering. Has anyone else out there had this thought? Teens should not be wearing clothes that reveal their stomachs and rear-ends.

And what’s with the thongs?

I was sitting at Sonic a few days ago and saw this teenage girl sitting at one of the tables in the middle of the drive-thru, eating a hamburger. She had on some extremely low-rise jeans. Apparently, at least I hope, she was not aware that her hot pink thong was sticking out of her pants.

I’m not talking about the top portion of her thong. I’m saying that the entire thing, crack and all, was showing.

There were cars full of teenage boys and men that were cracking up. This poor girl was overweight. So, it was funny to them.

I wanted, badly, to say something to her; to warn her about all the attention she was unexpectedly receiving.

Then, I noticed it! The clincher! She was doing this on purpose!

Her thong had diamond (or rhinestone) studs on them. Why would a person have diamond studs on their undies if no one was going to see them?

Now, I consider myself pretty hip for a mom. I try to be cool. I’m 31 years old and am pretty laid back. But, all I have to say is “her poor parents.”

Check out the comments and share yours by clicking HERE.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Captain Jack said...

HI from the U.K. great blog must be hard with four lads, belive me I know!
If you want a good read then link to my blog and read how we party on down in the U.K.
http://captainjackstracks.blogspot.com/
Great if you read better if you comment
Ta Ra

July 23, 2007 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

Thanks! I'll check it out. And yes, it's hard at times. At other times, it's wonderful!

July 23, 2007 at 2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said: "Now, I consider myself pretty hip for a mom. I try to be cool. I’m 31 years old and am pretty laid back."

Melissa:

Quit trying to be "hip" and "cool". That's why you see what you find immodest at Sonic. Parents, today, are in a contest to see who is the hippest and coolest of them, when they should be teaching their kids about modesty. Not only is it "safer" to dress more modestly these days, but it's biblical, and I'd guess you claim to be a Christian. God must have known what He was asking of those nearly 2000 years ago when He told the Apostle Paul to write those words.

We've got too many hip and cool parents, Melissa. Raise up your kids in the fear and admonition of the Lord, and even moreso if you already are. There will be no thongs in heaven, I can guarantee that.

July 24, 2007 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

I'm not really trying to be "hip" and "cool". I was just saying that I consider myself pretty understanding of the way things have changed these days.
You're right about parents trying to hard to be hip and cool. I definitely have no intentions of being that way to let my kids get away with this kind of thing. Yes, I am a Christian and very proud of it! I raise my children in a Christian environment.
This is why I was complaining about what the girl was wearing. It blows my mind that her parents let her get that. Of course, her parents may have never known. That's what scares me the most.

July 24, 2007 at 11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when I was a teenager we wore shirts that were big & covered our butts. We need to teach our children the right way to dress. I do think that she was trying to get attention. I do think it is a lesson to teach young
girls, you don't have to show the world everthing.
I also don't like it when the boys have saggy pants. We don't want to she their boxer shorts either.

July 25, 2007 at 1:14 AM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

That's something else that really bothers me. I just don't get it. I guess I really am just getting older. But, why pay good money for pants when everyone's going to see your underwear?

July 25, 2007 at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home