Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"The Karate Kid"

I realize that my last few posts haven’t been very positive. There’s just a lot going on right now.
I thought I’d share something that I’m excited about.

While my 7 year lived with me over the last two years, I had him enrolled in karate. He loved it! I had signed a 12 month contract in February to continue paying. Since he’s decided to live with his father, I’m kind of stuck paying it for no reason.

Well, I talked to the people at the karate place yesterday and they agreed to switch the contract over to my 4 year old.

This is big news to him!

He has wanted to do karate since he turned 4. We just couldn’t afford two kids.

I guess this is one thing positive that’s come out of my 7 year old moving (for my 4 year old at least).

It’s going to be so cute watching this little guy kicking and posing! I can’t wait. Plus, I’m a mom that likes to be involved in karate, baseball, etc.

It’s funny…….I feel like I’m starting over as a parent.

Check out the comments and share yours by clicking HERE.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great looking boys, Melissa!! :-)

July 31, 2007 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

Thank you! I hadn't been putting pictures on here before. I figured I'd let everyone know who we're talking about.

July 31, 2007 at 11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Karate Kid ! I hope you see great reflections thur this child ,he is filled full of talents and going to be great brother no matter what the out come is. You can atleast say you tried. {Therefore encourage one another and build each other up}
1 Thessalonians 5:11
My son if your heart is wise, then my heart will be glad; my inmost being will rejoice when your lips speak what is right.
Proverbs23:15-16
Have fun with kicks and thrills this little man is going to give you .GOD BLESS YOUR SON AND YOUR SOUL.

August 6, 2007 at 2:05 PM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

Thank you! Of course I agree that he's talented, LOL! I really do appreciate your kind words. You have no idea how much it helps.

August 6, 2007 at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home