Thursday, August 16, 2007

"A Silent Weekend"

I feel like it’s time to celebrate!

I won’t have any kids this weekend! Hooray! Hooray! It’s a miracle!

Seriously, I’m taking my 4 year old to his daddy’s for the weekend. So, my husband and I will be at home with no kids. We’ll probably just sit and stare at the TV all weekend.

It’s kind of like we don’t have anything to talk about when the kids aren’t around. He doesn’t talk much anyway. What’s going to happen when the kids all grow up and move out? Is that what happens? Couples get divorced b/c they don’t have anything to talk about?

Of course, I don’t see that happening with us, but I can understand why it happens with other people.

My husband and I kind of have an understanding. When we met, he told me that he doesn’t talk much. So, I knew I was destined for a life of talking to myself.

For a while, I thought I could change him. I tried to make him hold conversations. But ultimately, he won. He really doesn’t like to talk.

I’m ok with that now. My family has even come to be ok with it.

Now I’m left with the thought of “what will I do this weekend?”. I know one thing I’ll do. Saturday night, some of the girls from RedRiverMoms.com and I are going to get together. I’m going to be teaching them the ins and outs of selling stuff on EBay.

It’s a good way for me to meet other moms and help other people at the same time. If any of you ladies want to come, shoot me and email at melswanson@gannett.com.

Check out the comments and share yours by clicking HERE.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home