Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"Duh"

Do any of you have this problem?

My 8 year old son has absolutely no common sense. He is an extremely smart kid. He makes straight A's. But, sometimes he does some of the most ridiculous things.

For example, after school today he and his little brother went outside to play on the trampoline. Keep in mind that it was about 48 degrees outside, and windy. He decided that he was going to take his shirt and his shoes and socks off. I was inside taking a test and didn't see all of this take place.

All of a sudden, we heard him crying. A kid that was over, that lives 2 doors down, ran in to tell us that my son was hurt and couldn't walk.

My husband ran outside to see what was wrong with him. We were, of course, thinking that he had gotten hurt on the trampoline.

Turns out that he had gotten so cold that he could no longer feel his feet. Duh!

He said, "I can't feel my feet any more. I don't know what's wrong." I guess it scared him.

My husband said that they were freezing and almost blue.

Why don't kids understand that when it's cold outside, you can't take your clothes off? Isn't that obvious?

I suppose my mother would tell me I did the same thing when I was little.

Do any of you have kids that do things that just don't make sense?


Send me a comment by clicking HERE. I would love to hear your stories.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I read this, it reminded me of my 10 year old daughter. She does stuff like that all the time. She'll run around bare foot in 30 degree weather. That's just what kids do.
Sometimes she irritates the heck out of me. I think that she wasn't in the line when they were handing out brains. LOL!
I love her to death, but she's scatter brained.

February 27, 2008 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

You're right. That is just what kids do. I'm starting to realize that. It's good to know that I'm not the only one frustrated by their child's lack of common sense. We need to start a support group, LOL!

February 27, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home