Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"Liar, Liar"

I have another dilemma with my 8 year old son.

He is constantly lying to me about whether or not he has homework. I've caught him so many times, in a lie, that I'm in disbelief.

I was starting to wonder if this was part of his ADHD or he was just being a rotten kid. But, I knew he wasn't a bad kid. He's very loving and sweet, and smart, and all of those things that all mothers say about their kids, LOL.

But why is he lying to me on a daily basis?

Well, I decided to do some reasearch on this subject.

I read somewhere that it's part of a child's normal developmental process to lie. It read that it's part of how they learn social behaviors. Supposedly, kids lie to make their parents happy. They try to conform to what they think their parents want to hear.

I don't get it though.

Now, when he tells me that he doesn't have any homework; that the teacher said they he didn't have to do it today, I tell him to go get out some worksheets or a book and get busy. Then he'll usually say, "Oh, I forgot, I do have a math sheet to do." LOL!

So how do you deal with this? Should I punish him for it? I've read that punishing them for it only brings attention to it.

Any advice, click HERE.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home