Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"On a roll"

UPDATE:

I went in for a "weigh-in" today at Metabolic. I lost more weight! I'm now at 200.5 lbs. I started at 208.5. So, in 8 days, I've lost 8 lbs. I think that's pretty good.
I've been sticking to my diet for the most part. I haven't been drinking as much water as I should. I am supposed to drink like 64 ounces/day. I drink about 44. That's as much as my body can hold right now. After starving myself for so long, my stomach shrunk. I'm slowly stretching it back out to where I can hold normal amounts of food.
For all of you out there that are thinking about starving yourself to lose weight, it doesn't work if you're over 30! I actually gained weight b/c my metabolism completely shut down. As a matter of fact, I gained about 40 pounds since August. That's how much damage not eating can do. Obviously, it's not healthy either.
Oh, I've also started going to the gym. I've added the "Body For Life" workout routine to my Metabolic diet. So, I plan on going to the gym 4-5 times each week. Wish me luck!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I'm so proud of you. I've been following your blog. I was waiting to hear if you'd lost or not. I've been thinking of signing up for Metabolic RC myself, if I can afford it. Keep up the good work!

April 15, 2008 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

So far, I really like Metabolic. It's really hard for me to stick to a diet though. I can tell you that in just 9 days now, I've lost a lot of inches. I haven't been measured, but I'm already down about 1.5 pants sizes. Yipee! You ought to at least go talk to them about the cost and program.

April 16, 2008 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger Adamsmom said...

I used the body for life program before I got pregnant with my last child and loved it. I really liked the fact that you ate six meals a day so you never felt starved and I also liked the day off so at least once a week I could eat what I wanted to. I found after about a month I really didn't pig out on my days off. I need to get my butt motivated to get back on it. Yes, you are so right about not starving yourself it doesn't work when you get older. I've gained about 20 lbs in the last year or so and I really don't eat that much.

April 16, 2008 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

I went on Body For Life after I had my first child. I lost like 30 lbs. in 12 weeks. I didn't enter the contest though. I still wasn't to where I wanted my picture on the internet, LOL.
I like the workout program b/c you can go in the gym and know what to do.

April 17, 2008 at 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home