Thursday, February 28, 2008

"Growing Pains"

I was so depressed today. What should have been a happy day for me, ended up being a day for reflection and sadness.

You see, my 4 year old baby turned 5. To me, 5 is sounds so much older than 4. He's become school age now.

If it was up to me, I would keep him little forever. I have truly enjoyed him being little.

With my first child, I was tired and stressed out a lot; just from being a new mother and having a new baby.

This time around, it's so much easier. I have actually taken the time to enjoy my children the last few years.

It kills me to watch them grow up though.

My 8 year old is turning into a little man. He says things that are way too old for an 8 year old to say. He's forming opinions of his own and wants to do his own thing now.

I miss the day when he wanted to be with me. Where did that little boy go?

So, I'm faced with the same dilemma I was faced with 3 years ago. My baby is growing up.

I don't like it one bit! I guess you could say that I'm having growing pains.

Click HERE to leave a comment.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I cry sometimes when I look at my older kids and realize how grown up they are becoming. My 15 yr old has started driving and that just kills me. Where is my precious first born? Gone are the days of holding him in my arms. I am so proud of him though, he has turned out to be such a wonderful young man. I don't think I could ask for better. My next big hurdle is my oldest daughter turning into a woman. I know it going to happen soon, all the signs are there. I wish they wouldn't grow up so darn fast.

February 29, 2008 at 10:41 PM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

I can't imagine what it's going to be like when my kids are grown and ready to leave the house. That's kind of what you're going to go through soon, right?
I'll probably lose my mind! Or, maybe I'll be ready.

March 1, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home