Monday, March 17, 2008

"Six is Chaotic"

They say that two's company and three's a crowd. Well, if that's true, what is six?

I know; six is chaotic!

That's how many people we currently have living in our house. My husband's sons are here b/c they're out on Spring Break.

So, we have my husband and I, a 5 year old, an 8 year old, a 9 year old, and a 10 year old. They are all boys!

I've quite gotten used to the chaos that goes on in my house. The destruction is just collateral damage.

I've come to realize that I would much rather have 4 boys in the house than 4 girls, or even 2 girls. It seems to me that girls are just harder. Of course, people with all girls say that boys are harder.

I don't know that I could handle having to entertain someone all the time.

It's just so easy with boys. They will play with sticks and bugs and stuff like that. For the most part, you don't have to fix their hair. My 5 year old is a different story. His hair has to be gel'd, wet, and dried every morning.

Even though my boys are destructive and keep the house chaotic, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Click HERE to leave a comment and read others.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only have 3 kids, but I understand. Of course, mine are all girls. I have always thought that girls were easier until they got older. I can't imagine having 4 boys in the house. I can't stand messes. Hats off to you!

March 18, 2008 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

Having 3 is enough. My hats off to you for not going crazy with all girls. I guess you just get used to what you have; boys vs girls. If you don't like messes, you definitely would have a harder time with a boy; well, my boys anyway.

March 18, 2008 at 9:00 AM  
Blogger Adamsmom said...

I so agree with you. I have two boys and two girls. The boys are much easier to deal with than the girls. I can take messes much better than dealing with all the whining and crying. My girls are at that age when they are so emotional all the time and I just don't do well with that. Drives me crazy!

March 18, 2008 at 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looove having 2 boys! Yes they are just simple, they may fight one minute but are friends the next..Unlike girls ~ drama, drama, drama! lol.. I think boys are easier...

March 18, 2008 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

It's good to hear from others that think the same thing. But, there are people that have told me that girls are easier. Does anyone think that?

March 18, 2008 at 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the others, boys are easier! I have three boys and one girl. She is also going through some emotional state, worrying about what to wear, how to fix her hair, etc. Oh, and lets not forget attitude!!!!

March 19, 2008 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

I've always heard that girls are very emotional. Imagine that! I was never emotional and still aren't to this day, LOL! My husband is rolling on the floor laughing.

March 19, 2008 at 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home