Thursday, February 28, 2008

"Missing Jamaica"

My husband and I went to Jamaica on our honeymoon on March 22, 2005. We had such a blast!

I am missing Jamaica so bad.

Have any of you ever been?

We stayed at the Sandals Grande Ocho Rios in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. There were no kids allowed. That's why we picked it. It was great!

Together, he and I have 4 boys; now ages 5, 8, 9, and 10. At that time, they were 2, 5, 6, and 7. When I say we were tired all the time, you have no idea.
We were so happy to get away that we didn't really care where we went. There was something comforting about being on an island in the middle of the ocean, with no possibility of being contacted by the "outside world".

Most parents would be worried about leaving their children and leaving the country. I didn't have that problem at all. My boys stayed with their father and his with their mother. They were in completely capable hands.

Now we both can't wait to get back to Jamaica.

Click HERE to leave a comment and read others.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look so beautiful in the picture!!!!

March 5, 2008 at 1:41 PM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

Thank you! That was only 3 years ago. Hard to believe!

March 5, 2008 at 1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a very FUN blog! I too went to Jamaica on my honeymoon! I went to the COUPLES resort. It was an all-inclusive resort and it was lovely! We did the duns river falls and horseback riding, etc. it was great!

April 14, 2008 at 11:45 PM  
Blogger Melissa Swanson said...

Thank you! I wish I had time to write more often. In a few weeks, after I graduate, I will. You'll be able to read more of my "tales of motherhood".
I LOVE Jamaica! I've been twice. I would go back in a heartbeat.
What city did you stay in?

April 15, 2008 at 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home